Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Gift of Life


I donated blood at the Puget Sound Blood Center last week and they gave me my 3-Gallon Pin. I thought I'd commemorate it on the blog.
(r) I wasn't able to find three gallons of blood to pose with - airfare to Translyvania is pretty expensive, so I posed with three gallons of the reddest liquid I could find at the grocery store. I took the picture just to give a little perspective.
I'm actually donating for two, since Wendy isn't allowed to donate any more. So I'll give her credit for a gallon and one-half. If you can donate blood and haven't lately, do it! It truly is a gift that money can't buy!

1 comment:

The Jo's said...

I call dibs on one of those gallons too. I'm not allowed to donate either because of my medicine. I guess Tegeder blood is slowly becoming tainted. Keep up the good work with the good Tegeder blood.