Saturday, July 19, 2008

Jul 6-12 Ups & Downs

The running continues. This week I altered the running prescription a little bit. Coming off of failure on Saturday where I failed to do a 3-mile run as scheduled, I set out on Monday morning's "slow jog" to see h0w far I could go. I ran for 2.6 miles. Not the three-mile, but a lot better than the prior effort. I did Tuesday's interval training, and then was feeling pretty good. So Wednesday, July 9th I eschewed the prescribed 10 minute walk followed by a 20 minute jog, and set out to do a three-mile run! Mission accomplished. I was feeling like I could really do this race! But later in the day I was limping and my right ankle was swollen. I took Thursday off, and decided Friday I needed to cover the race distance, either running or walking. So I did a six-mile walk which took me about an hour and fifty minutes. It was a beautiful day, but I was really sore, and with a desk job, I stiffened up.

Saturday called for a four-mile run. I just couldn't do it. I figured I'd take the weekend off, and run the four-mile on Monday when my legs were healed up. I've gone from the encouragement of the three mile run to the discouragement of how my ankles feel.

1 comment:

Mark's Universe said...

Hey Bob...I'm waiting to read about the trip to Mt Rainier...