Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Frist Bolg Entry (Wow, I'm really nervuos...)

Saturday, June 14, 2008

So, the blog has begun. I enjoy reading the blogs of my offspring, so I figure I might as well join the blogosphere and hopefully others will enjoy reading my/our blog as well. So what do I have to report? Not much. Wendy and I are still working in healthcare, she as a nurse at a kidney dialysis center, and me as the senior accountant for a hospital.

Computers are amazing machines. They don't compare with the human mind, however. The good thing about computers is that there is a "search" button - when you can't find a file, you can ask the search feature to find it for you. I wish my brain had a search function...well, it does, but sometimes it operates at the speed of a Commodore Vic 20 computer.

Anyway, I was able to actually use my search function in my brain yesterday. A co-worker was leaving and said "Wish me luck. I'm going fishing." I entered a little chit-chat, like "Where are you going?" and "What are you fishing for?" etc, to which most of her answers were "I don't know - my friends planned it." So it was the end of day, people are winding down the week, good time for a joke. I hit the mental search button and came up with about the only fishing joke I think I have on my mental hard drive:

Some fishermen were fishing on a river. One guy was by himself. A little further down the bank three guys who were on the excursion together were fishing. The loner would reel in a fish every now and then, while the threesome weren't even getting a bite. Seeing the loner's success, they moved down to his part of the river, and the guy decided to move to the spot they vacated. Not too long after that they noticed the solo fisherman started to catch some fish in the spot they'd vacated, while they remained fish free.

The loner moved down to a bend in the river, and noticing this, one of the threesome suggested that they do the same, figuring that if you can't beat them, join them. So there they were, within a few rod-lengths of each other, and the loner stared to reel in a fish. Seeing this, one of the exasperated fisherman in the trio said "Buddy, what's the secret to catching fish around here?" "Hrmmmfmmuww" came the reply. "What? said the questioner?" "Hrmmmfmmmuww" was the reply again. This exchange happened a third time, same as the first two. The questioner then said "I'm sorry, but I just can't understand what you're saying. " Now the successful fisherman was a little exasperated himself, whereupon he held up his hands, blew out a wad of something out of his mouth into his cupped hands and said, "You have to keep your worms warm!"

OK, I haven't told that joke for years, but it sent a few people out the door of my workplace yesterday with a smile. Hope you smiled too!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That's disgusting. (: Glad you started the blog and glad I got to be the first comment ever. Look forward to future posts and jokes.